- providing education, developing guidelines and preparing position statements
- offering high-quality contributions to conferences and meetings
- supporting and coordinating research of society members in all fields of nursing and other health care professionals
- working in a multi-disciplinary manner together with the other ESPR sections
Way of working:
This is achieved by encouraging exchange of ideas and discussions among members in research and education platforms in Europe and the ESPR.
The section Nursing and other Healthcare Professionals has its own business meeting, which is held during the annual ESPR meeting.
Decisions at the annual business meetings are made by simple majority of the members present.
At the annual business meeting research projects and proposals for future congresses are discussed and worked on.
Achievements for future research:
- Family-centered care and family empowerment
- Developmental care
- Sleep and brain development
- Pain & sedation
- Safety and risk reduction in NICU
- Surroundings & stress
- Neonatal transport
Agnes van den Hogen, PhD
October 2018 - October 2021