Member-related | April 27th, 2021
Open call for the position as Treasurer on the ESPR Executive Council
Application deadline: 10 May 2021
On behalf of the ESPR Nominating Committee (NC) Kajsa Bohlin, Ursula Felderhoff-Müser, Adelina Pellicer, Gorm Greisen and Neil Marlow, we would like to inform you about an open call for the position as Treasurer on the ESPR Executive Council.
The Treasurer is one of the society's central figures, very much involved in the ESPR's executive affairs and strategic planning. Please find below an overview of her/his tasks and responsibilities:
- General financial oversight:
- reviewing monthly invoices & approving bank transfers prepared by the office;
- reviewing and filing annual statement to the Swiss tax authorities;
- preparing annual budgets & providing reports at the annual Business Meeting;
- taking care of payroll related matters of the ESPR staff.
- Research grant committee: acting on the committee and determining the funds to be made available for researchers on an annual basis;
- Strategy: providing ongoing strategic input and advice in relation to ESPR projects and initiatives. Working jointly with the ESPR President, Vice-President, Council and office to determine the society's objectives and supervising their implementation;
- Place of residence: recommended in Switzerland or within easy travelling distance of Switzerland (in order to be able to attend occasional appointments such as with the Geneva Chamber of Commerce, the Credit Suisse Bank or the ESPR accounts);
- Active participation: attending weekly ESPR Executive Council teleconferences and two Council Meetings per year;
- Active membership: having renewed ESPR membership for the current year at the time of application;
- ESPR office: acting as the main contact person for the ESPR staff.
Please note that the ESPR Treasurer may serve for three three-year terms, for a total of nine years. The NC is looking for a candidate to fill this position for a minimum of two terms. The outgoing Treasurer Sven Wellmann will of course prepare an appropriate hand-over of activities, and will remain available for questions/support in the transitory period.
Are you interested in being nominated for this important position? Then we would be delighted to receive from you the following documents in PDF format via firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, 10 May, 5pm CEST:
- A letter of motivation;
- Your short-form curriculum vitae.
The nominated candidates will stand for election by the members at the next Business Meeting in September 2021.
Should you have any questions or considerations, then please do not hesitate to get in touch.
The ESPR Secretariat