The Faculty of Biology and Medicine (FBM) and the Lausanne University Hospital (CHUV) are inviting applications for a position of full Professor and Head of the Pediatric Service at CHUV in Lausanne, Switzerland.
Starting date: Summer 2022
Application deadline: August 15th 2021 (23:59 GMT+1)
- Directing, organizing, and ensuring the development of all the typical activities of a ClinicalbService in a teaching hospital
- Ensure and strengthen the expertise and security of clinical missions / services while developing inter-institutional collaborations and synergies in line with the CHUV's strategic plan
- Conduct and develop high-level clinical and academic research missions, financed by expert external funds and published in quality scientific journals, including own research
- Ensure and guarantee the teaching missions of pre-graduate (according to FBM needs), postgraduate (ISFM training center cat. A1) and continuing, in the field of pediatrics by assuming the function of discipline manager and actively participating in it
- Consolidate the influence of the clinical and academic field both internally and externally.
- Swiss Federal medical degree (or equivalent Mebeko), MD or MD-PhD
- ISFM specialist title (or equivalent Mebeko) in pediatrics
- Extensive clinical experience in the field of tertiary level hospital pediatrics
- Widely recognized (or certified) managerial skills in leading a large / multi-site team and relevant experience in project management
- Academic knowledge of faculty rank with proven practice in pre and postgraduate teaching
- Ability to set up clinical research programs likely to be supported by external expert funds
- Good knowledge of French (LM or minimum B2, C1 ideal) or ability to acquire it quickly.
Further information may be obtained from Prof. Tolsa (email@example.com), Head of the Department.
Applications, in English, will include a motivation letter, a curriculum vitae, a copy of the five most relevant publications, as well as names and contact information of three referees, a brief statement of research interests and teaching experience and a copy of diplomas. They should be submitted online by August 15th 2021 (23:59 GMT+1) to www.fbm.unil.ch/releve/application/ as a single PDF file.
To download the job advert, please click here.
UNIL and CHUV are committed to promoting gender equality and diversity and strongly encourage applications from female candidates.