ESPR Travel grants
Start your journey to the next ESPR annual meeting here
The ESPR Travel Grants provide ESPR Early Career Investigators with financial support to attend the 5th Congress of joint European Neonatal Societies (jENS 2023) in Rome, Italy, from 19-23 September 2023.
Applications for the ESPR Travel Grants will open on the day of the abstract notification for jENS 2023 in the 3rd week of June. The application deadline is Monday, 17 July 2023. We would like to warmly encourage you to submit your abstract to the congress to get the chance to apply for an ESPR Travel Grant.
Why you should apply
The ESPR Travel Grants offer an allowance of EUR 500 to cover:
- Travel expenses (accommodation/flight);
- Registration to jENS 2023;
- Subsistence during your stay in Rome.
- You are an Early Career Investigator, as defined by the Early Career Investigators Section of the ESPR. This comprises all healthcare workers working in all specialties in paediatric care (including and not limited to medical students, medical doctors, PhD students, nurses, midwifes) under the age of 46 years at the time of jENS 2023. Applicants should additionally be within 10 years of their PhD defense or end of specialist training.
- You are an ESPR member or, at the latest, become a member by jENS 2023. To become an ESPR member you have to meet the following requirements:
• Support the aims of the society;
• Have given at least one scientific contribution (e.g. presentation or poster) to one of the annual society meetings such as the European Academy of Paediatric Societies Congresses (EAPS) or the Congress of joint European Neonatal Societies (jENS).
- You are not based within a 300 km radius of Rome.
- You do not receive other funding to attend jENS 2023.
- You are not invited to participate at jENS 2023 as a speaker.
- You have submitted an abstract to jENS 2023 by May 7, 2023. (Medical students who are co-author of an abstract submitted are also eligible to apply, on the condition that they are the presenting author.)
- Statement of motivation including the title of your abstract.
- A one-page curriculum vitae including:
- personal details;
- location of training in Paediatrics and dates;
- years of clinical experience;
- involvement in clinical/research projects;
- list of publications.
- Assurance that no other funding exists to attend jENS 2023.
- Your bank details.
Submissions are evaluated based on scientific excellence (only abstracts in the top 20 percent can be considered), motivation and the applicant's potential to benefit from attending jENS 2023.
Only applicants who have submitted an abstract (by May 7, 2023) and have been accepted to jENS 2023 are eligible to receive a travel grant.
Applications for the ESPR Travel Grants will open on the day of the abstract notification for jENS 2023 in the 3rd week of June. Please submit your documents to email@example.com.
Application deadline: Monday, 17 July 2023.
Meet the awardees of the Travel Grants 2022